Personal data protection policy of the free Wi-Fi network wifi.brussels
1. Application and acceptance of the personal data protection policy
2. Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
The party responsible for processing your personal data collected in the context of the wifi.brussels network offer is Paradigm, having its registered office at 21, Avenue des Arts, 1000 Brussels, registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0240.678.477 (hereinafter “Paradigm”).Paradigm has appointed IRISNET SCRL as its subcontractor for the daily management of the network.
3. Which of your personal data is collected and with what aims?
The personal data collected during your registration are:
- the MAC address of the mobile device you use to connect to the wifi.brussels network;
- the mobile number you provide for your registration to the wifi.brussels network.
These data are exclusively used with the following aims:
- providing the service
- solving technical issues
- complying with legal obligations for suppliers of public, electronic communication networks for the identification and authentication within the service
- Will not use your personal data for purposes other than those described in this policy;
- Will not collect personal data contained in the information transmitted when using the wifi.brussels network;
- Will not transfer your personal data to third parties, except if the operation of the wifi.brussels network requires it or if the competent law enforcement authorities require it through a formal request for compliance with legal obligations.
4. How will Paradigm process your personal data?
Paradigm processes all personal data diligently and in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations. Your personal data are stored: Safely and confidentially, in a protected environment that is not accessible to the public; As long as necessary to guarantee the provision of the service and thereafter for a period of one (1) year at each connection.
5. Rights of the data subject
Any questions you may have concerning this data protection policy or the exercise of your rights under applicable legislation (you can read them at https://www.wifi.brussels) can be addressed to us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Applicable law and jurisdiction
Please remember that you remain responsible for the content and confidentiality of any information or personal data transmitted when using the wifi.brussels network. This data protection policy is governed by Belgian law. Any dispute that may arise from this data protection policy shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Brussels.
8. Conditions of application
By using the network wifi.brussels and providing that you have accepted this personal data protection policy, you explicitly accept that Paradigm and its trust service providers process the requested personal data. All changes to this policy will require the user to accept it again.